NDA Coaching Program A primer institute with Highest Selection Rate in India
Centurion Defence Academy - Best NDA Coaching Institute in Lucknow
NDA (National Defence Academy) is a top-tier institution that trains the cadets (candidates) to get into Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. At NDA, cadets of the all three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies.
This venerated institution has produced brave and stalwart officers in all the three defence forces. NDA Alumni have always been part of the matters of pride for the nation. There have been 3 Param Vir Chakra recipients and 9 Ashoka Chakra recipients from this institute.
The institute focuses on bringing out the best in the cadets by developing qualities of an officer that is prepared to focus on tasks and prepare for any situation that might come their way
Getting into one of the best Army Schools in the world is a matter of pride for any person in the country. It is a training facility for the leaders of tomorrow who will be respected and followed. It is not just an institution but a way of life. NDA transforms a hesitant young cadet into an honourable, physically and mentally competent and polished man who is prepared for any kind of adversity that might face him; an officer and a gentleman.
There is a laborious testing procedure that needs to be cracked for getting into the Armed Forces. NDA is basically a training ground for candidates, who crack the entrance exam, to fulfil their dreams and transform into an officer from a common man.
To make this utterly laborious test easy and to fulfil your dreams to become a commissioned officer in the Indian Defence forces , Centurion Defence Academy is the best place to be.
In our academy, we let the aspirants explore all the perspectives of the test. We invigorate the fire within them and then catalyse this passion in every way possible. We are a group of specialists in this field and have produced excellent results. Centurion Defence Academy is one of the Best Coaching Institute for the preparation of NDA Exam in Lucknow. At Centurion Defence Classes, the curriculum is such that all the elevations of the NDA entrance test are explained effectively to each and every student. With our utmost dedication and assiduous attitude, we are proudly the Leading Defence coaching institute in North India producing approx. 1000+ class one officers in forces.
As a premier institute in NDA coaching, we believe that our six traits are our hallmarks of strength:
1. Outright Coverage of Syllabus: At Centurion Defence Academy, we follow the ideology that the syllabus for the exam must be scrupulously explained to each and every student and nothing should be left in the initial stages. The combined hard work from us and the student at this time makes it easier for the student in the last days.
2. Practice Sessions: As they say, ”Practice is the key to perfection”, we walk on the same path and let our students practice as much as they can. Innumerable Mock tests are conducted offline (in the institute) as well as online (on our e-portal). There are previous years’ paper practice sessions being conducted every now and then so that the students develop a vision about the types of questions to be asked in the finals.
3. Doubt-Clearing sessions: We believe in the ideology that “If a student doesn’t have doubts, he’s most probably doing it the wrong way”. We are committed to clear every topic during the classroom session but sometimes the student doesn’t grasp the roots of the concept. These sessions are conducted to make sure the student is understanding each and every concept effectively and not just cramming it. In addition to that,the students at our academy are encouraged to maintain an error log so that they can keep a track of their mistakes and don’t repeat them in future.
4. Weekly tests and Assessment: Regular tests are held at Centurion Defence Academy on Saturdays and the results are announced on Mondays. The scores of these tests are under the scrutiny of our valuable faculty so that proper assessment of students is done. We ensure that the graph of these tests is always on the rise.
5. High-end study material: The study material of Centurion Defence Academy is one of the best study materials in the country presently. Its prepared by the wizards of this sphere and the elite material has been prepared such that students can grasp even the most onerous concepts with utmost ease.
6. Shortcuts Methods and Time Management Techniques: Our classroom sessions prioritize time management in all aspects. Proper shortcuts and methodologies are enlisted in our study materials which aids our students to manage the time in a competent way.
There are several other factors that make us the best in the field of coaching students for various tests to get an entry to Armed forces:
• Infrastructure: The Centurion Academy campus provides a spectacular study environment. There are separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with lush green, pollution free PRO-SSB surroundings.
• E-Learning is also a vital part of Centurion’s training process. The online e-portal helps students to take mocks online and keep a track on their performance. The self-evaluation helps students to improve everyday.
• Library: Only Centurion academy offers the facility of a fully equipped library offering 1000+ relevant and important books pertaining to the syllabus of the examination and competitive exam preparation. Students can issue these books for self study, revision, practice etc.
• Every fourth defence aspirant of the Indian Armed forces contacts Centurion Academy to check his or her OLQs (Officer like Qualities) via free of cost testing of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) here at Centurion Defence Academy.
• Discipline: Centurion Defence Academy is a premiere preparatory institute with stern rules for each and every student. All students are expected to follow the Honour Code and Discipline Code of Conduct of Centurion Academy. If a student fails to abide by any on the rules, he may be expelled without the refund of fees. These guidelines are enforced by the academy to inculcate good values and discipline in the students. This way, students also learn the importance and benefits of proper time management. Sundays and other holidays are not observed to maintain continuity and to ensure students can focus on upcoming exam without distractions.
• Co-Curricular Activities and Sports: Standing taller than the others, only Centurion Defence Academy lets its students to get involved in many indoor and outdoor sports activities like Basketball, Cricket, football etc. “Academy Sports week” every session allows our students to take part in various sports championships with other recognized institutions of Lucknow.
We offer 3 months,6 months, 1 year and till selection courses for NDA Entrance. We conduct two different written bathes namely Starter batch and Advanced batch based on performance of the student in entrance test. Academy office is open 24 hours a day. Seats for all the batches are limited and available on first come first served basis.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR NDA:
NDA and NA written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the April exam and in the months of May/June for the September exam. The exam is held in the months of April and September. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website after notification is released by UPSC.
|Tentative Vacancies Per Course||300 (Twice a year) or As notified from time to time Army - 195 Air Force - 66 Navy – 39|
|Notification in Employment News/ leading daily news Paper/ UPSC website||Jun and Dec as Notified by UPSC|
|Age||Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.|
|Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce and Arts students can apply for army.|
|Sex||Male candidates only. Women cannot apply for NDA.|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||Jan and Jul|
|Training Academy||NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training||3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/ 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy( for Naval cadets)/ 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)|
EXAMINATION PATTERN FOR NDA
NDA written exam is comprised of two tests. Duration of each test is two and a half hours and both are conducted on the same day, consecutively. Examination is set by the UPSC.
|II.||General Ability Test||2.5 hours|
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
MATHEMATICS (MAXIMUM MARKS 300):
Algebra: Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers - basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices, Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications - Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer's rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry:Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications - Height and distance, properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
Differential Calculus: Concept of a real valued function - domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits - examples. Continuity of functions - examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpreatation of a derivative - applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals - determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves - applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types - examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.
Statistics and Probability:
Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution - examples Graphical representation - Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon - examples. Measures of Central tendency - mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation - determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability - classical and statistical - examples. Elementary theorems on probability - simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem - simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’ - ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200): The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’ - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks 400):The question paper will consist of current affairs questions, questions from science, history, geography and polity. The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION: UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews. The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.