Territorial Army (TA) Exam Pattern
The written test of the Territorial Army for Civilians is divided into two papers 1and 2. The paper 1 and 2 further divided into sections:-
- Part 1 comprises two sections, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
- Part 2 comprises two sections, General Knowledge and English
Territorial Army Examination Pattern overview on Paper 1 & 2- Sections, Time Duration, Number of Questions and Total Marks.
|Paper||Section||Time Duration||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Part 1: Reasoning||2 hours||50||50|
Part 2: Elementary|
|Paper 2||Part 1: General Knowledge||2 hours||50||50|
|Part 2: English||50||50|
Territorial Army Marking Scheme Important Instructions
- Candidates should note that there is a penalty for wrong answers
- For each correct answer, candidates will score 1 mark.
- The score of candidates calculated based on the number of correct and incorrect answers.
- The minimum qualifying marks for each section are 40% and the overall average is 50%.
Paper 2 Part 2 English Examination Pattern overview on Topics covered and maximum marks.
|Territorial Army India Exam Pattern|
|Part Name||Topics||Maximum Marks|
|Part 1||Essay Writing||20|
General Awareness Mental Aptitude|
English Grammar & Reasoning
Officer Grade Pay Scales Summary:-
|Rank||Level||May Matrix (₹)||Military Service Pay (₹)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500||15500/-|
|Major||Level 11||6,94,00 – 2,07,200||15500/-|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12400||15500/-|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600- 2,15,900||15500/-|
The officer and men of the Territorial Army have been decorated for their gallantry and distinguished services. So for they have earned
- 02 Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM)
- 15 VSM, 05 Vir Chakra
- 13 Sena Medal
- 25 Mentioned-in-Despatches
- COAS commendation card