Territorial Army Exam
To mark your entry into TA first get a clarity of the eligibility criteria:
- – Must be an Indian
- – Possess graduate degree from a recognized university
- – Range between 18 to 42 years of age.
The territorial army (TA) entry procedure follows a three way process: written exam- interview- medical examination.
Candidate’s whose forms are accurately filed are called for written exam, conducted by Preliminary Interview Board (PIB). Selected students appear for SSB interview followed by medical assessment.
Written exam is the foremost stair so get a brief of its pattern: PAPER1 includes Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. Each is of 2 marks with 50 questions and 50 marks.
PAPER2 incorporates G.K and English. Synonymous to the 1 st paper each part is of 2 hours with 50 questions and 50 marks.
Minimum 40% marks in each part and an overall 50% average is the qualifying requirement.
To apply for TA, log in to www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and fill the online application form.
PERKS OF TA
Here is a list of few conveniences under TA:
- – It’s an add on benefit. You can continue your employment as well as join TA to work for the nation whenever required+ to profit your credentials
- – There is a plethora of ranks ranging from lieutenant, captain, major, Lt Colonel, colonel, and brigadier.
- – Rank pay matching that of regular army+ pay and allowance and service benefits+ pension and increment.
- – Travel concession, leave, family pension, ex- servicemen status, and medical facilities also hold good provision if you join TA.
- – The pay band is quite handsome, be it that of Lieutenant, that is, 15600- 39100 or that of Brigadier, that is, 37,400- 67000.