This“MANAGING PROPER TIME DURING THE EXAMINATION IS THE KEY TO EXCEL”
It is crucial for students to lead a productive AFCAT exam preparation aligned with the AFCAT syllabus and pattern in order to excel in all the test rounds during the selection process. As it is a competitive public examination, candidates must know how to stand out from others so they have a higher possibility of getting selected. Merely qualifying for the exam should not be the motive, scoring high marks in the written examination is important for getting into the final merit.
AFCAT – AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST
- For all entries other than NDA and CDSE and for all branches, candidates have to undergo the AFCAT.
- The test is conducted twice a year in February and August.
- Advertisements inviting applications for AFCAT are out in June and December. Candidates are to apply as per the advertisement.
- The test is conducted all across India by the Indian Air Force.
First of all, we need to understand the exam pattern so that we can align our preparations accordingly.
The AFCAT exam pattern for online tests is given below:
- The AFCAT online test is divided into four sections
- The question paper of AFCAT comprises a total of 100 questions
- The maximum number of marks allotted for the AFCAT are 300
- All questions asked in the AFCAT and EKT exams are objective type, having multiple options
- The question paper is made available in English only
- Candidates need to secure the minimum qualifying marks to qualify for the exam
The marking scheme of the AFCAT exam is given below:
- For correct answers, candidates score three marks. The score of candidates is calculated after deducting the AFCAT negative marking
- There is an AFCAT negative marking. One mark is deducted for every incorrect answer
- No marks are allotted to unattempted questions
The test paper AFCAT comprises questions from General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability, Military Reasoning, and Aptitude tests.
AFCAT ENGLISH PREPARATION STRATEGY
This section is considered the highest-scoring section of the examination. It requires a basic knowledge of English and sentence formations. It is important to carefully read the questions and then answer them as the options could be very close and confusing. Eliminating the options also works most of the time, especially in the case of synonyms and antonyms.
- Try to solve as many exercises of English grammar as possible.
- Make a habit of reading English books, newspapers, magazines, novels, journals, etc. It will help you in framing the correct sentence and also comprehension of the text.
- Try to consume digital content in your free time such as web series, movies or online videos in English.
- Understand the important topics of the English syllabus such as idioms and phrases, antonyms, synonyms, and tenses.
- Write down as many new words in English as possible in your diary and revise them daily. It will improve your vocabulary and also help in finding synonyms and antonyms.
- Basic general knowledge is also required for the questions of analogy.
AFCAT NUMERICAL ABILITY PREPARATION STRATEGY
This section of the exam requires practice so that the candidate can answer the questions correctly and also in minimum time. The questions in this section comprise basic mathematical concepts and could take most of the time to solve, that is why this section should be attempted in the last. But regular practice could increase speed and help in making the difference in marks.
- Start practicing the NCERT questions from the class 6 to 10 book.
- Learn the important formulas so the sums are easier to solve. Keep revising those formulas and understand the logic behind them.
- Comprehending the logical questions is also very important as it will help us in reducing Practice and will make our concepts more clear.
- Try attempting mathematics mock tests daily to keep a check on your speed.
- Questions of this section repeat also so it’s very important to keep practicing on the same concept.
AFCAT GENERAL AWARENESS PREPARATION STRATEGY
This section is very important as it measures the student’s general knowledge. If the students have a good command of this, it can make a significant effect on their scores. However, if not then it is important to attempt or leave the questions without wasting much time. Attempting questions blindly may lead to negative marking also.
- Consistently read newspapers and watch the news to stay updated with current affairs
- Defense questions are heavily focused on current events, so any GK book is sufficient to prepare for the section.
- Understand about the most frequently asked questions in this section as it has a very extensive syllabus and difficult to prepare all of it.
- Read about national and International affairs, important events, COVID-19, Polity, Sports, Awards, etc.
- Watching YouTube videos on AFCAT current affairs and static GK may also help in preparing for this.
- Make your own notes of static GK while studying so that you can revise them easily in the last time.
AFCAT REASONING AND MILITARY APTITUDE TEST PREPARATION STRATEGY
This part has the maximum number of questions and can make a huge difference in the candidate’s score. It has the maximum weightage so as to judge the candidate’s reasoning and logical ability. It gives a fair chance to all the candidates belonging to different educational backgrounds but the speedy solution makes the difference.
- Understanding the previous year’s questions and their concepts is very important as the questions are likely to repeat from the same concept.
- Learn how to solve reasoning questions, and how to apply the logic behind different types of questions.
- Build strategies for faster solutions so that you can better spend your time on other topics as well.
- Attempting different mock tests might help you in analyzing your mistakes and understand the explanation.
- To understand the trick or logic for attempting the questions faster you can take the help of any online platform.
This is very important to attempt at least 70 questions in the AFCAT examination to qualify the exam with minimum negative marking. Attempting above is crucial for scoring high in the examination and making it to the merit after getting recommended.
Wish you all the very best for your upcoming AFCAT examination!!!
AFCAT-2 2023 Written Result Declared – Check Here!
Wednesday | September 27, 2023
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has declared the AFCAT 2 2023 result today on its official website. Candidates who took the AFCAT 2 2023 exam can now check their AFCAT written results from the official website. The Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) was conducted from 25th to 27th August 2023 at various online exam […]
AFCAT 2020 AFSB Success Story – Ashish Sangwan
Saturday | October 17, 2020
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to a sudden shift in the dynamics of education behavior. Many students managed a large scale of efforts and that too in such urgency has been overwhelming. Great at dealing with uncertainty and good at minimizing risk, Ashish Sangwan classic victory became an example for many youngsters. As he gave […]
Tips to Crack AFCAT-1 2020 Exam
Thursday | February 6, 2020
AFCAT-1 2020 Exam Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) to recruit Men and Women to Indian Air Force to be part of this elite force as Commissioned Officers in Flying, Technical and Ground Duty branches. The test is conducted twice a year in February and August/September. AFCAT is a graduate level […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776