Embellished with the motto of Vigilance and Valour (Savdhani Va Shoorta), the Territorial Army is a part of the Indian Army which acts as a secondary force in the sphere of defence. It provides a golden opportunity for gainfully employed young citizens who are interested in joining the defence forces. The Territorial Army has released the recruitment notification for TA Exam 2021 and the interested candidates can apply online from 20th July 2021 to 19th August 2021. If you are seeking preparation tips to crack the Territorial Army Exam, you’re at the right place. In the below paragraphs, we have included all the important preparation tips for TA 2021 provided by experts to assist candidates in clearing the exam on their first attempt.
Overview of the Territorial Army Notification 2021
|Exam Name||Territorial Army Recruitment 2021|
|Conducting Body||Territorial Army, Government of India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Rs. 200/-|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Objective-Type Questions)|
Key Highlights of the Territorial Army Notification 2021
- – The candidates who are applying for the TA 2021 must note that the Territorial Army is not a professional service like the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force, but a part-time opportunity for professional individuals or self-employed citizens who wish to wear the Army uniform and serve the Nation.
- – The serving members of the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force, Central Police Forces, State Police Forces, Para Military Forces, and General Reserve Engineering Force (GREF) are not eligible to apply for the Territorial Army. However, the ex-servicemen in the age group of 18-42 years are eligible to apply for the TA 2021.
- – The first stage in the selection process of TA Officers includes Screening (Written+Interview) by Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) and the second stage includes another interview by the Services Selection Board (SSB) which is followed by a medical examination for final recommendation as a TA Officer.
Territorial Army Important Dates 2021
|Notification Issued On||16 July 2021|
|Online Application Starts On||20 July 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||19 August 2021|
|Date of Written Exam||26 September 2021|
|Declaration of Results||To be announced later|
|Interviews by PIB & SSB||To be announced later|
Territorial Army Eligibility Criteria 2021
|Nationality||Indian Citizens (Male & Female)|
|Age Limit||18 to 42 years|
|Employment Status||Gainfully Employed or Self-employed|
|Physical and Mental Health||Must as per the Army Standards|
Preparation Tips for the Territorial Army Written Examination 2021
Since the Territorial Army (TA) Written exam is scheduled to be conducted on 26th September 2021, candidates have very little time left for the preparation. Therefore, efficient time management along with strategic preparation is the need of the hour to crack the TA written exam 2021. To crack the exam with flying colours, one must prepare in strict accordance with the official syllabus and exam pattern of the Territorial Army written examination.
There are four major subjects included in the Territorial Army written exam which includes Reasoning, Elementary Mathematics, General Knowledge, and English. These subjects are categorized into two different papers containing two subjects in each paper. The TA written exam pattern with the division of subjects can be understood better as mentioned in the following table.
TA Written Exam Paper I
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
TA Written Exam Paper II
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||50||50||2 Hours|
Key Highlights of the TA Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The TA written exam is conducted in offline mode containing only objective-type questions the answers of which are to be marked on an OMR sheet. For each correct answer, one mark is given to the candidate, whereas, in case of incorrect answers, there is also a penalty of negative marking.
- Reasoning: It consists of topics like forming a logical conclusion based on the parameters of decision-making and problem-solving approach. Candidates should cover important topics in reasoning like analogies, alphanumeric series, blood relations, figure matrix, direction sense test, odd-one-out, coding-decoding, and statement analysis.
- Elementary Mathematics: It consists of topics like Arithmetic, Unitary Method, Elementary Number Theory, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics, and Heights & Distances. Elementary Mathematics is a scoring subject in which candidates can secure good marks by consistent practice of model papers and mock tests to get an idea of the expected questions in the exam.
- General Knowledge: It consists of major topics like current affairs including important national and international happenings. It also includes the History of India, Geography, and other relevant subjects of alike nature. Candidates should also focus on topics like awards and honors, books and authors, recent developments in the field of science and technology, and the new schemes introduced by the government.
- English: It tests the candidates’ understanding of English and workman-like use of words. The English subject consists of topics like synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, para jumbles, idioms and phrases, spotting the errors, jumbled sentences, and sentence correction. Candidates must also focus on improving their vocabulary skills to score adequate marks in English as well as in upcoming interviews.
Preparation Tips for TA Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) 2021
Once the candidates qualify for the written exam by scoring the minimum qualifying marks, they are called for an interview by the Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) which is constituted by the respective headquarters of the Territorial Army. PIB Interview is a screening test in which a candidate’s identity and performance are assessed and they are forwarded for final interview by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
Those candidates who have qualified for the written test are required to bring the following documents in original along with self-attested copies at the time of the Interview by the PIB (Preliminary Interview Board).
- – Candidates are required to download the Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 from www.jointerritorialarmy.gov.in and fill it up in their own handwriting.
- – All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- – Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- – Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc).
- – Domicile/ Residential proof.
- – Certificate for proof of age (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
- – Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office along with salary certificate and No Objection Certificate by the department as per the format.
- – Self-employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with a photocopy of PAN card and self-certified character certificate.
- – Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit a copy of Gazette notification of India/ State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- – Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- – Copy of PAN Card.
- – Copy of Aadhar Card.
- – Copy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR) filed.
- – Employees of Railways are required to submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) authenticated by the Railway Board.
Preparation Tips for TA Services Selection Board – SSB Interview 2021
Under this stage, the PIB-qualified candidates are called for a final interview which is conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). After qualifying for the SSB Interview, the candidates will undergo a medical examination for final recommendation as officers in the Territorial Army. Following are the preparation tips to excel in the SSB Interview.
- – The SSB Interview consists of a series of personality assessments, psychological tests, and an evaluation of a candidate’s eligibility for induction into the Territorial Army.
- – The SSB Interview is a five-day-long procedure that includes Screening Tests, Psychological Tests, Group Tasks by a Group Testing Officer (GTO), and a Personal Interview.
- – Candidates should also have officer-like qualities (“OLQs”) along with good observation skills and problem-solving approaches as these are the most important aspects that help the Services Selection Board to select the best candidates.
- – Candidates must have a strong command of the English language and be willing to participate actively in various Group Obstacles such as the PGT, Final Group Task, and Physical Test.
- – To deal with pertinent questions during the SSB Interview, aspirants should have excellent communication skills as well as a broad understanding of current events.
- – To fulfill the necessary requirements and be selected in the medical exam, which is the final stage in the Territorial Army’s entire selection process, candidates must be in good physical and mental condition.
Territorial Army – TA Crash Course by Centurion Defence Academy
The Centurion Defence Academy, one of India’s leading defence coaching institutes, has come up with its 45-Days Territorial Army Crash Course to help TA aspirants with holistic preparation. Our TA Crash Course is designed keeping in mind the time restraint for working professionals so that they can manage a balance between their working life and their dream career. Hence, we are providing 2 hours of classes per day from Monday to Friday along with subsequent tests on different subjects to meet the prerequisite for joining the Territorial Army. Following is the detailed information of Centurion Defence Academy’s 45-Days Crash Course to prepare for TA 2021.
- – Daily 2 hours classes from Monday to Friday
- – A full-fledged Mock Test every Saturday
- – Accessibility of Answer Sheets to Evaluate the Performance
- – Availability of Free Study Materials and Books
- – Conducting doubt clearing sessions for clarity of concepts
- – Guidance under Expert Panel for PIB and SSB Interviews
We are the best Territorial Army Coaching, hope that the above article on Preparation Tips for TA 2021 will help you to understand the different aspects of the Territorial Army Recruitment 2021 to score well in the exam. Fill out the form below to get more information about the TA Crash Course, and we will contact you soon.
If you are preparing for the Territorial Army, MNS, NDA, AFCAT, CDS, and SSB Interview, contact us on 9795977776 for the best preparation of the defence exams.
HOW TO JOIN PARA & PARA (SF) – Know COMPLETE DETAILS
Friday | February 12, 2021
BREIF ABOUT PARA & PARA (SF) Parachute Regiment consists of PARA and PARA (SF) Battalions, which are the elite volunteer force of Indian Army. The Regiment has the honour of being conferred the ‘Bravest of the Brave’ distinction. . Because of its specified role, the regiment needs to be kept at optimum level of operational […]
INDIAN ARMED FORCES AND LEADERSHIP
Tuesday | February 9, 2021
1- Leadership in Indian Armed forces is the process of leading from front along with influencing others to accomplish the mission by providing purpose, direction, and motivation and selfless service . The self less service is putting the needs and goals of the nation, the military, your unit and your soldier ahead of your personal […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776