The Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam is conducted by the Directorate General of Medical Services – DGMS (Indian Army) for admission to the B.Sc. Nursing course offered by six medical colleges of the Indian Armed Forces. The Military Nursing Service (MNS) is a very demanding career option for female aspirants seeking to serve the country by joining the Indian Army. The aspirants firstly need to qualify for the MNS computer-based exam and then an interview which is followed by a medical examination to secure their seat in the Armed Forces Medical Colleges. In this article, we will describe the life of an MNS cadet after taking admission into the B.Sc. Nursing course. Read on to know more about the daily routine of MNS Cadet during training.
The Military Nursing Service is one of the most coveted career opportunities for young female aspirants. Candidates who pass the MNS exam will be assigned to one of the six Military Nursing Training Colleges listed below for four years of the B.Sc. Nursing course.
- – Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- – Command Hospital (Eastern Command)
- – Indian Navy Hospital (INHS) Aswini, Mumbai
- – Army Hospital Research and Referral New Delhi
- – CC Hospital (Central Command) Lucknow
- – AF Hospital (Air Force) Bangalore
Training Schedule and Daily Routine of the MNS Cadets
After successfully completing the MNS training, all the female cadets participate in the Lamp Lighting Ceremony and are commissioned as Lieutenants in the Military Nursing Services. Let’s look at the distinctions in Military Nursing Services training that distinguish cadets from civilian nurses in terms of personality and aura.
- – After the final selection, all cadets are sent a call letter to join their respective training centers. All new cadets are taught behavioral patterns and discipline by their seniors from the very first day of training.
- – Every minor aspect is taught to the newly recruited trainees, whether it is an approach to asking questions, a way of answering queries or clearing doubts, or the walking and saluting style.
- – At the beginning of the training, all cadets are assigned barracks and are only permitted to wear salwar-kameez. Senior officers, instructors, and senior cadets provide proper advice to these civilian candidates in order to change them into smart officers.
- – During the training phase, the cadets’ leadership qualities are given significant focus. As a result, they have plenty of time and opportunities to improve their leadership skills.
- – They are allocated monitorship based on their roll numbers to carry out a certain set of responsibilities where they are required to submit a detailed report of their daily activities.
- – MNS cadets have to wake up at 6:00 AM and are expected to finish breakfast and get ready for the daily training by 7:30 AM. The cadets are also given special instructions on how to take breakfast and are required to follow every aspect of mess etiquette.
- – Regular classes are held from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in which the cadets are provided with a 30 minutes lunch break which makes the training schedule hectic for the cadets. After completion of initial classes of the day up to 4:00 PM, the cadets are now given exposure to extra-curricular activities that help them to become responsible officers.
- – The major goal of this hectic training schedule is to equip the cadets with practical experience so that they can develop a spirit of zeal and enthusiasm for their profession, even in the most stressful situations.
- – The cadets are given an additional break for 30 minutes after 4:00 PM and they are required to meet again at 4:30 PM for tea share. Tea share at 4:30 PM is a compulsory reporting where cadets get rid of their day’s fatigue and prepare for the tasks ahead while enjoying the evening snacks and tea.
- – To inculcate in the cadets a spirit of kindness, love, compassion, and patience, they are required to report compulsorily at 5:30 PM for the gardening session to learn, understand, and enjoy the companionship of nature.
- – Various committees, such as the photo committee, the gardening committee, and the mess committee, plan extracurricular activities to help cadets develop their leadership skills. Every cadet is allocated to the chairpersonship of one of the committees based on their areas of interest, and they must demonstrate their compatibility by organizing and accomplishing the tasks.
The military nursing officers play a vital role in the defence organization as they serve those who are serving the nation. In this article we see Daily Routine of MNS Cadet during training. These were some of the distinct characteristics included in the MNS training which make the military nursing officers more organized, smart and responsible.
EVERYTHING ABOUT MNS 2022 Exam
Thursday | July 29, 2021
The Indian Military Nursing Service exam (MNS) is a gateway to work as a military nurse in the Indian Army. Hence thousands of aspirants take the MNS exam each year. Below are MNS exam pattern regarding MNS 2022 exam. MNS 2022 exam is a three-stage process as it includes: – Written test – Interview – […]
MNS 2021 Exam Paper Analysis, Cut-Off & Interview Date
Wednesday | July 28, 2021
Important Highlights of MNS Exam 2021 Inducting female aspirants into the Indian Armed Forces is a vital step toward women’s empowerment, as it assists them in improving their position through career orientation, consciousness, knowledge, literacy, and education. The Military Nursing Service – MNS exam, which prepares young female aspirants to become Military Nursing Officers, is […]
Military Nursing Service (MNS) Medical Standards
Thursday | February 4, 2021
What is MNS? Military Nursing Service is a short service commissioned/Permanent Commisioned officer post in the Indian army. It’s an opportunity for females to serve the country, through the Indian Army as nursing service officers. MNS is a true sign of women’s empowerment and showcases women’s strength and love for the nation. For qualify the […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776