The Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam is conducted by the Directorate General of Medical Services – DGMS (Indian Army) for admission to the B.Sc. Nursing course offered by six medical colleges of the Indian Armed Forces. The Military Nursing Service (MNS) is a very demanding career option for female aspirants seeking to serve the country by joining the Indian Army. The aspirants firstly need to qualify for the MNS computer-based exam and then an interview which is followed by a medical examination to secure their seat in the Armed Forces Medical Colleges. In this article, we will describe the life of an MNS cadet after taking admission into the B.Sc. Nursing course. Read on to know more about the daily routine of MNS Cadet during training.
The Military Nursing Service is one of the most coveted career opportunities for young female aspirants. Candidates who pass the MNS exam will be assigned to one of the six Military Nursing Training Colleges listed below for four years of the B.Sc. Nursing course.
- – Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- – Command Hospital (Eastern Command)
- – Indian Navy Hospital (INHS) Aswini, Mumbai
- – Army Hospital Research and Referral New Delhi
- – CC Hospital (Central Command) Lucknow
- – AF Hospital (Air Force) Bangalore
Training Schedule and Daily Routine of the MNS Cadets
After successfully completing the MNS training, all the female cadets participate in the Lamp Lighting Ceremony and are commissioned as Lieutenants in the Military Nursing Services. Let’s look at the distinctions in Military Nursing Services training that distinguish cadets from civilian nurses in terms of personality and aura.
- – After the final selection, all cadets are sent a call letter to join their respective training centers. All new cadets are taught behavioral patterns and discipline by their seniors from the very first day of training.
- – Every minor aspect is taught to the newly recruited trainees, whether it is an approach to asking questions, a way of answering queries or clearing doubts, or the walking and saluting style.
- – At the beginning of the training, all cadets are assigned barracks and are only permitted to wear salwar-kameez. Senior officers, instructors, and senior cadets provide proper advice to these civilian candidates in order to change them into smart officers.
- – During the training phase, the cadets’ leadership qualities are given significant focus. As a result, they have plenty of time and opportunities to improve their leadership skills.
- – They are allocated monitorship based on their roll numbers to carry out a certain set of responsibilities where they are required to submit a detailed report of their daily activities.
- – MNS cadets have to wake up at 6:00 AM and are expected to finish breakfast and get ready for the daily training by 7:30 AM. The cadets are also given special instructions on how to take breakfast and are required to follow every aspect of mess etiquette.
- – Regular classes are held from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM in which the cadets are provided with a 30 minutes lunch break which makes the training schedule hectic for the cadets. After completion of initial classes of the day up to 4:00 PM, the cadets are now given exposure to extra-curricular activities that help them to become responsible officers.
- – The major goal of this hectic training schedule is to equip the cadets with practical experience so that they can develop a spirit of zeal and enthusiasm for their profession, even in the most stressful situations.
- – The cadets are given an additional break for 30 minutes after 4:00 PM and they are required to meet again at 4:30 PM for tea share. Tea share at 4:30 PM is a compulsory reporting where cadets get rid of their day’s fatigue and prepare for the tasks ahead while enjoying the evening snacks and tea.
- – To inculcate in the cadets a spirit of kindness, love, compassion, and patience, they are required to report compulsorily at 5:30 PM for the gardening session to learn, understand, and enjoy the companionship of nature.
- – Various committees, such as the photo committee, the gardening committee, and the mess committee, plan extracurricular activities to help cadets develop their leadership skills. Every cadet is allocated to the chairpersonship of one of the committees based on their areas of interest, and they must demonstrate their compatibility by organizing and accomplishing the tasks.
The military nursing officers play a vital role in the defence organization as they serve those who are serving the nation. In this article we see Daily Routine of MNS Cadet during training. These were some of the distinct characteristics included in the MNS training which make the military nursing officers more organized, smart and responsible.
MNS Panel Interview Tips
Wednesday | September 7, 2022
The MNS Panel Interview is one of the crucial phases in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam selection procedure. A panel interview is a conversation between two or more interview panel members, and each evaluator has the power to ask questions about your personal observation, qualifications, and career goals. In the MNS Panel Interview, you […]
What is MNS Panel Interview?
Tuesday | August 23, 2022
One of the important stages in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam selection process is the MNS Panel Interview. The MNS Panel Interview is scheduled for when the candidates pass the 80-mark Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGIGE) and the objective-type Psychological Assessment Test (PAT). Continue reading to learn more about the MNS […]
MNS Exam e-Books – Best Book for MNS Preparation 2022
Thursday | March 3, 2022
MNS Exam e-Books The Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam is a rewarding career option for young aspirants who want to join the Indian Armed Forces. One such initiation that promotes empowering women and raising their role in society is the Military Nursing Service – MNS exam, which prepares young female applicants to become Military Nursing […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776