Important Highlights of MNS Exam 2021
Inducting female aspirants into the Indian Armed Forces is a vital step toward women’s empowerment, as it assists them in improving their position through career orientation, consciousness, knowledge, literacy, and education. The Military Nursing Service – MNS exam, which prepares young female aspirants to become Military Nursing Officers, is one such initiation that contributes to empowering women and strengthening their status in society. The MNS Exam 2021 has been successfully conducted by the Indian Army on 28 July 2021 at various examination centers across the country. Those who pass the MNS written exam will be invited to an interview phase, which will be followed by a medical exam for final selection. In this article, we will discuss the key aspects of the MNS Exam 2021 including the paper analysis, expected cut-off marks, interview dates, and medical examination.
Key Points of the MNS Written Exam 2021
|Exam Name||MNS (Army B.Sc. Nursing Exam 2021)|
|Exam Conducting Body||DG-AFMS Indian Army|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-Based Exam)|
|Nature of Questions||Objective|
|Subjects Covered||General English General Intelligence General Science|
|Number of Questions||150|
|MNS 2021 Exam Date||28th July 2021|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Declaration of MNS Written Result||September 2021|
|Date of Interview||October-November 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||To be announced later|
Note: Candidates should note that the dates regarding the declaration of written results and the interview of the MNS Exam 2021 are tentative and liable to change as per future proceedings. However, to keep MNS aspirants updated, we will modify the relevant dates accordingly.
MNS Exam Shift 1 Question Paper Analysis
The MNS exam shift 1 question paper consisted of a total of 150 questions for 150 marks. Three major sections in the MNS exam comprise General English, General Intelligence, and General Science. The questions had been asked from an easy to moderate level. The process of normalization will be taken into consideration to evaluate the final scores of the candidates by taking into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question papers across both shifts.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Difficulty Level of Questions|
|General English||50||easy to moderate|
|45 5-9 1||easy to moderate|
|5-6 2-3 36-40||Numerical based easy to moderate|
The majority of the questions were based on the Centurion Defence Academy’s notes. Candidates also reported that they a number of questions were based on what the teachers had taught them in class.
MNS Exam Shift 2 Question Paper Analysis
The questions in shift 2 of the MNS written test ranged from an easy to moderate level leaving space for a few difficult questions as well. However, the number of questions in the MNS exam shift 2 remained the same and consisted of a total of 150 questions for 150 marks. According to the Indian Army’s notification, the normalization method would be used to evaluate the candidates’ written results, taking into account any differences in the difficulty levels of the question papers across both shifts.
|Sections||Difficulty Level of Questions|
|General English||To be updated|
|General Intelligence||To be updated|
|General Science||To be updated|
MNS Exam Expected Cut-off 2021
The expected cut-off for the MNS 2021 exam is based on a comprehensive review of today’s exam, its difficulty level across both shifts, and other considerations such as the number of candidates who took the written exam. Our experts have compiled the expected cut-off for the MNS 2021 exam after a detailed study of the recent exam trend.
|Total Marks||Expected Cut-Off|
|150||To be updated|
MNS Exam Previous Year Cut-Off Scores
To help MNS aspirants evaluate their performance and test the level of exam preparation, we’ve included the cut-off marks from past years’ exams. MNS applicants can check and analyze the cut-off scores of the previous MNS examinations from the following table.
MNS Interview Date 2021
The MNS interview date 2021 will be announced shortly following the successful completion of the MNS written exam. Candidates will be called for an interview at a selected center based on their performance in the MNS written exam. The written MNS exam results are likely to be released in September 2021. Following that, the Indian Army will announce the official date of the MNS Interview, which is expected to take place in October or November 2021. Following the successful completion of the MNS Interview, the selected applicants will have a medical test to determine their physical and mental suitability for military service.
List of important documents required during the MNS Interview
The interview is the second step of the MNS exam selection process after the completion of the computer-based test. The following are the crucial documents to bring to the MNS interview in their original form, along with one attested photocopy of each.
- – 10th or equivalent Certificate in support of the date of birth of the candidates.
- – 10+2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- – Interview Call Letter
- – Aadhar Card
- – Gap Certificate, as the case may be.
- – Two latest Character Certificates issued from different Gazetted Officers.
- – Bonafide certificate issued by the School Principal along with an attested copy of the admit card of the board examination in case of 12th appearing candidates.
- – Domicile Certificate/Nationality Certificate (DC/NC ).
- – Dependent Certificate of Army/Ex-Personnel, as the case may be.
- – Certificate of SC/ ST, as applicable in case of the reserved categories
- – Dependent Certificate (DC) of Army / Ex-Service personnel from the Competent Authority, as the case may be.
- – NCC ‘C’ Certificate, if the candidate is an NCC Cadet
- – Certificate of Participation in the Sports Events at School/College/District/State/National Level, as the case may be.
- – At least 10 Colored Passport-size Photographs
- – Travel ticket for reimbursement of the conveyance charges
Military Nursing Service – MNS Medical Exam Process 2021
The MNS selection process consists of three stages: a written test, an interview, and a medical examination. An interview will be held with a certain number of written eligible candidates in order of merit. Following the interview, the recommended applicants will appear before a Special Medical Board for a medical examination (SMB).
The interview and medical examination process may take 2-5 days, and only those candidates who pass the interview phase will be called for the medical examination. The President of the Medical Board will notify candidates who have been declared FIT/UNFIT, as well as the procedure for requesting an APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
The important points in the MNS medical process are as follows.
- – The shortlisted candidates will be called for a physical fitness test under the direction of the Directorate General of Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), therefore, the candidate must be physically and mentally fit according to the Military Boards
- – An X-ray of the chest and a USG (ultrasonography of the abdomen) are the two basic medical tests included in the MNS medical evaluation. In the event of distance vision, the minimum acceptable requirements should be 6/6 with the better eye and 6/18 with the worse eye.
- – The minimum height for a female applicant is 148cm. However, candidates who are otherwise fit in all aspects but fall short of the required height will be given a 1.3 cm relaxation in height.
- – A candidate’s minimum permissible weight should be 39 kg. However, a ten percent variation on either side of the average is permissible, which indicates that a ten percent increase or decrease in a candidate’s weight is apparently fine. The weight of a candidate should be proportional to her height, as specified in the Indian Army’s medical criteria for female candidates.
MNS Panel Interview Tips
Wednesday | September 7, 2022
The MNS Panel Interview is one of the crucial phases in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam selection procedure. A panel interview is a conversation between two or more interview panel members, and each evaluator has the power to ask questions about your personal observation, qualifications, and career goals. In the MNS Panel Interview, you […]
What is MNS Panel Interview?
Tuesday | August 23, 2022
One of the important stages in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam selection process is the MNS Panel Interview. The MNS Panel Interview is scheduled for when the candidates pass the 80-mark Test of General Intelligence and General English (ToGIGE) and the objective-type Psychological Assessment Test (PAT). Continue reading to learn more about the MNS […]
MNS Exam e-Books – Best Book for MNS Preparation 2022
Thursday | March 3, 2022
MNS Exam e-Books The Military Nursing Service (MNS) exam is a rewarding career option for young aspirants who want to join the Indian Armed Forces. One such initiation that promotes empowering women and raising their role in society is the Military Nursing Service – MNS exam, which prepares young female applicants to become Military Nursing […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776