How to Prepare for NDA & NA 2022 Exam?
With numerous outstanding alumni serving in the Indian Armed Forces, the National Defence Academy (NDA) has given exceptional contributions in sustaining the integrity of India since its establishment in 1954. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a national-level admission exam twice a year to induct eligible aspirants into this renowned joint military service training institute. This year the NDA & NA 2 2022 Exam will take place on September 4th, 2022. Since the NDA exam is quite competitive, it takes a lot of effort and attention, as well as the right preparation approach, to qualify for it. Read on to know more about how to prepare for the NDA & NDA exam with a smart NDA Study Plan.
The Layout of the NDA Written Exam Pattern
|Particulars||Details of Papers|
|Exam Date||4th September 2022|
|Subjects||Paper 1 (Mathematics)||Paper 2 (GAT)|
|Paper Shift||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|No. of Questions||120||150 (English – 50)|
|Time Duration||2 ½ Hours||2 ½ Hours|
|Positive Marking||2.5 Marks||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||0.83 Marks||1.33 Marks|
Preparation Tips for NDA Mathematics Syllabus
- The Mathematics section of the NDA written exam is a substantial portion of the exam which consists of 120 objective questions carrying a total of 300 marks.
- Following the latest exam pattern, sample papers, and previous year’s question papers, applicants must attempt a significant number of questions to obtain the sectional cut-off score.
- The major subjects covered in the Mathematics section with the highest weightage of marks are Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Matrices and Determinants.
- To understand the fundamental concepts better and to solve as many mathematical problems as possible during the exam, aspirants should have clarity in their concepts.
- Candidates should practice previous year’s question papers to get a sense of the difficulty level of the questions that will be asked in the exam and to learn how to manage their time effectively.
Preparation Tips for NDA GAT Syllabus
- The General Ability Test – GAT section of the NDA written examination is further divided into two parts, English and General Knowledge.
- Out of 150 objective questions asked in the GAT section, 50 questions belong to English and the remaining 100 questions are asked from General Knowledge.
- The General Knowledge part comprises questions from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography, and Current Events.
- The English section includes reading comprehension and vocabulary questions, with an emphasis on basic grammar principles, antonyms, synonyms, and idioms and phrases.
- Aspirants should concentrate on both static and dynamic awareness for the General Ability Test, as well as keeping up with national and worldwide events.
Subject-wise Weightage of Marks in GAT Paper
|Sections||Subjects||Weightage of Marks|
|D||History, Freedom Movement||20%|
Key Strategies to Crack NDA & NDA Written Exam 2022
Candidates should also work on improving their comprehension skills and problem-solving tactics so they can confidently manage a variety of situations. Aspirants to the position of leader should focus on refining their oratory skills, which include the ability to successfully express ideas, instill confidence and excitement, and motivate others.
Knowledge of School Curriculum
Candidates who have a clear understanding of their 10+2 school curriculum would find it easier to prepare for the NDA exam. Since the majority of the topics included in the NDA exam are similar to those covered in school, candidates who approach learning holistically will be better equipped to pass the NDA exam.
Understanding of General Awareness
For the written stage as well as the interview round of the NDA exam, proficiency in General Science and General Awareness is critical. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are essential for passing the NDA exam because the majority of questions on the NDA written exam’s General Ability Test (GAT) paper are based on related disciplines. For thorough exam preparation, knowledge of key national and international events, static general knowledge, and current events are essential.
Awareness of Current Events
Aspirants should focus on English and General Knowledge because these are the key areas required to pass the NDA exam and SSB interview. To get a solid grasp of these sections, aspirants should study newspapers, current events, magazines, and other publications. Candidates should also be able to solve relevant tasks during the NDA SSB Testing so that they can deal with a variety of situations and can emerge as a leader with team spirit.
General Intelligence, Reasoning, and Military Aptitude are important for comprehensive preparation for any defence exam, whether it be the NDA or another. During the SSB Interview for the NDA exam, general intelligence is an important component in helping candidates improve their analytical thinking and problem-solving approach. Candidates with military awareness and officer-like traits have a better probability of being selected during the NDA interview phase.
Physical and Medical Fitness
Since physical and medical fitness is equally important in the military, candidates should focus on staying fit and energetic by running and meditating on a regular basis. Physical fitness in military life has been shown to yield psychological benefits, such as lowering stress levels, preventing sickness, and boosting unit morale.
The SSB Interview Should Not Be Overlooked:
After the written qualified candidates are shortlisted, the Services Selection Board conducts a personality-cum-intelligence test, known as the SSB Interview. As previously stated, the SSB Interview evaluates and analyses a person’s intelligence, mental alertness, distinct personality features, and existence of officer-like characteristics. Since the SSB Interview is such an important part of a candidate’s final recommendation, it is imperative to dedicate significant time to SSB Interview preparation under the supervision of a trained mentor.
Key Tips to Excel in the NDA SSB Interview
Inducting officer-like abilities, having a positive attitude and good communication skills, establishing team spirit, and the feeling of cooperation in tackling the group hurdle are the major areas in which a candidate can shine during the SSB Interview. The SSB Interview is a battery of personality and psychological exams used to determine if an applicant is eligible for admission into the military. The following are some of the most significant considerations for candidates as they prepare for the NDA SSB Interview.
- Find out everything you need to know about the SSB tests and procedures.
- Practice for various tests such as the WAT, TAT, SD, and SRT.
- Keep your multidisciplinary skills and knowledge up for various tests.
- Keep up with current events to be prepared for any questions that may arise.
- Prepare for the Group Discussion (GD) and the Group Planning Exercise (GPE)
- To perform better, improve your confidence and oratory skills.
- Improve your knowledge to have a deeper understanding of your hometown.
We hope that the above article on Study Plan for NDA & NA Exam 2022 will help you to understand the exam properly and to make necessary improvements accordingly to crack the exam with flying colors. If you are preparing for the NDA written exam or the SSB Interview contact us on 9795977776 for the best preparation for the NDA exam with elite defence experts.
NDA-2 2023 Result Declared: Check Official PDF Here
Tuesday | September 26, 2023
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has declared the NDA 2 2023 result on its official website. The NDA 2 2023 written exam for admission to the National Defence Academy took place on 3rd September this year. The UPSC conducted the NDA written exam across various exam centers throughout the country. Candidates who appeared in […]
NDA Medical Test Complete Details-Centurion Defence Academy
Wednesday | September 20, 2023
aspirantsMedical tests are an important stage in the NDA selection process. Once candidates get a recommendation from the Services Selection Board (SSB), they appear in the medical exam. Candidates need to be physically and mentally fit to join the armed forces. To assess the same, medical tests take place as part of the selection process […]
NDA Preparation 2024: Major Tips to Crack NDA Exam
Saturday | September 16, 2023
NDA Preparation 2024: Major Tips to Crack NDA Exam Do you also wish to crack the NDA exam in 2024 and join the National Defence Academy? If you are an NDA aspirant who wants to become an officer at a young age, then this article is for you. In this comprehensive article by Centurion Defence […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776