PIQ Form in SSB
Being a SSB aspirant, your mind must be crowded with various acronyms: PPDT, SRT, TAT, WAT, etc. Dig in through your memory and bring PIQ in front for the next 5 minutes. What is PIQ Form?
Yes, often underestimated as the easiest tunnel to pass, PIQ might land you in trouble if not practiced beforehand. So here is the crux of PIQ brought exclusively for you from the experience of experts:
WHAT IS PIQ?
PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire) is a simple document to-be –filled, framed with the logic of probing into the basic details as well as the personality of the candidate. Classification of documents is confidential meaning all details in the form are subject to privacy. It includes the candidate’s complete information, that is, academic, personality, and personal profile.
The academic profile involves column 7, that is, your educational details from metric till date.
The personal profile incorporates columns 1 to 6 as well as column 8 wherein your family, address, contact info, and age are questioned.
The personality profile ranges from columns 9 to 14 wherein your interests, co-curricular activities, games, hobbies, the position of responsibilities handled, and NCC details are to be filled.
PIQ also assesses your exposure to the world through your achievements and activities. Add to that your past experience helps officers predicting your future as Armed Force personnel. As simple as it may sound, the form holds a lot of weight for your interview and can prove as your lucky charm to impress the Interview Officer. The IO goes through your PIQ and often frames questions related to the form.
THE WHAT OF PIQ?
Curious to know how PIQ looks like? Honest answer: PIQ is symbolic to any office application form or resume. You are supposed to fill in your basic details (name, family, contact number, and address)+ educational qualification+ achievements+ co- curricular activities+ marks.
The candidates are provided with 2 PIQ forms with 2 pages in each. You must fill in the same details in all three. The front page incorporates 1-7 questions while the backside constitutes 8- 14 questions. One copy is dispatched to the psychologist and the other to the IO.
DO’S AND DON’T’S:
It’s quite obvious to wonder how to skillfully fill your PIQ because if it holds so much importance in the eyes of the interview officer then you must ace it with remarkable answers. So here are some essential dos and don’ts while filling your PIQ form:
- The foremost notion is that the IO quite indirectly asks questions similar to your PIQ to trap you. So remember what you have written in your PIQ and say the same in the interview.
- Also on the top right side, there is a column for OIR which the candidate need not fill.
- In column 4, the candidates must ensure they have filled in the population (approximate to the recent census).
- District headquarters referring to the administrative division of a State or Union Territory is also asked in column 4 c, wherein you need to write ‘Yes’.
- Only the candidate’s name needs to be capitalized.
- In column 10, that is, participation in games and sports, you need to mention your participation even if you played in your locality.
- In column 11, that is hobbies/ interests, candidates confuse with games. Hence mention only hobbies/ interests. A hobby is something which you pursue in your leisure time/ daily while interest is the initial stage of the hobby. One may or may not practice that activity on regular basis. A hobby is pursued actively while interest is not pursued actively.
- Example of interest/hobby: singing, reading, writing, cycling, gardening, cooking, hanging out with friends, etc.
- 99% of questions will be raised from the individual’s PIQ.
- Details of the previous SSB interview under column 14 are mandatory to be filled correctly. Hence you need to take previous details of your SSB.
- Don’t fill incorrect information.
- Avoid bad handwriting, self-praise, and extra lines to impress the examiner. It won’t fetch you additional marks rather it might bore the officer and reduce your selection chances.
- If you are not eligible for any answer then write ‘not applicable’ but never leave the answer blank.
- Fill inaccurate data be it about a number of previous attempts, hobbies, or achievements.
- Don’t indulge in scribbling, cutting, or re-writing… after all self-awareness also gets checked!
- In the choice of service under 12 b, candidates usually write Navy or Army while the correct answer is Indian Navy or Indian Army.
- Furnish your answers with examples.
- Try to reflect your responsible and officer-like qualities through the answers by writing productive hobbies, and tricks learned and applied in co-curricular activities.
- Keep it precise.
You get the best training for PIQ form in the most searched and genuine institute- the Centurion Defence Academy, Lucknow during our 21 day SSB training. We also provide link to Download the PIQ form on India’s leading online portal, www.defenceguru.co.in .
Click Here for Download the PIQ form
What next? Next, my dear next is a recommendation letter. The letter is your visa to defence! Well, then the moral of the story is… PIQ is an easy pie but it can act as a game-changer if you work smartly and bestow some pre-preparation.
SSB Interview Joining Instructions for All SSB Aspirants
Thursday | September 29, 2022
SSB Interview Joining Instructions to join Centurion’s 21 Day SSB Program for All SSB Aspirants The following instructions are a set of certain disciplinary procedures that must be adhered to by all SSB aspirants joining Centurion Defence Academy for the 21-Day SSB Program. These instructions include some important points that all SSB aspirants must keep in […]
Questions Asked in SSB Interview for NDA
Monday | August 29, 2022
NDA SSB Interview Questions SSB is an abbreviation for Service Selection Board. This board, which evaluates Indian Armed Forces recruiting officers, is administered by the Indian Defense Ministry. The primary goal of this board is to select candidates who have “officer-like qualities.” The most important characteristics of candidates assessed in SSB interviews are character, professionalism, […]
50 Basic SSB Questions on Indian Army with Answers
Friday | August 19, 2022
Basic SSB Questions on Indian Army with Answers Candidates preparing for the defence exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT, MNS and others must know the basic questions related to the Indian Armed Forces that are generally asked while appearing for the SSB Interview. Thus, to help SSB aspirants, we have come up with 50 basic SSB […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776