Being a SSB aspirant, your mind must be crowded with various acronyms: PPDT, SRT, TAT, WAT, etc. Dig in through your memory and bring PIQ in front for next 5 minutes.
Yes, often underestimated as the easiest tunnel to pass, PIQ might land you in trouble if not practiced beforehand. So here is the crux of PIQ brought exclusively for you from the experience of experts:
WHAT IS PIQ ?
PIQ (Personal Information Questionnaire) is a simple document to- be –filled, framed with the logic of probing into the basic details as well as the personality of the candidate. Classification of document is confidential meaning all details in the form are subject to privacy. It includes candidate’s complete information, that is, academic, personality, and personal profile.
Academic profile involves column 7, that is, your educational details from metric till date.
Personal profile incorporates column 1 to 6 as well as column 8 wherein your family, address, contact info, and age are questioned.
The personality profile ranges from column 9 to 14 wherein your interests, co- curricular activities, games, hobbies, position of responsibilities handled, and NCC details are to be filled.
PIQ also assesses your exposure to the world through your achievements and activities. Add to that your past experience helps officers predicting your future as Armed Force personnel. As simple as it may sound, the form holds a lot of weightage for your interview and can prove as your lucky charm to impress the Interview Officer. The IO goes through your PIQ and often frames question related to the form.
THE WHAT OF PIQ?
Curious to know how PIQ looks like? Honest answer: PIQ is symbolic to any office application form or resume. You are supposed to fill in your basic details (name, family, contact number, and address)+ educational qualification+ achievements+ co- curricular activities+ marks.
The candidates are provided with 2 PIQ forms with 2 pages in each. You must fill in same details in all three. The front page incorporates 1-7 questions while the backside constitutes 8- 14 questions. One copy is dispatched to the psychologist and the other to the IO.
DO’S AND DON’T’S:
It’s quite obvious to wonder how to skillfully fill your PIQ because if it holds so much importance in the eyes of interview officer then you must ace it with remarkable answers. So here are some essential dos and don’ts while filling your PIQ form:
- Foremost notion is that the IO quite indirectly asks questions similar to your PIQ to trap you. So remember what you have written in your PIQ and say the same in the interview.
- Also on the top right side there is a column for OIR which the candidate need not fill.
- In column 4, the candidates must ensure they have filled in population (approximate to the recent census).
- District headquarters referring to the administrative division of a State or Union Territory is also asked in column 4 c, wherein you need to write ‘Yes’.
- Only candidate’s name needs to be capitalized.
- In column 10, that is, participation in games and sports, you need to mention your participation even if you played in your locality.
- In column 11, that is hobbies/ interests, candidates confuse with games. Hence mention only hobbies/ interests. Hobby is something which you pursue in your leisure time/ daily while interest is initial stage of hobby. One may or may not practice that activity on regular basis. Hobby is pursued actively while an interest is not pursued actively.
- Example of interest/hobby: singing, reading, writing, cycling, gardening, cooking, hanging out with friends, etc.
- 99% questions will be raised from individual’s PIQ.
- Details of previous SSB interview under column 14 are mandatory to be filled correctly. Hence you need to take previous details of your SSB.
- Don’t fill incorrect information.
- Avoid bad hand writing, self praise, and extra lines to impress the examiner. It won’t fetch you additional marks rather it might bore the officer and reduce your selection chances.
- If you are not eligible for any answer then write ‘not applicable’ but never leave the answer blank.
- Fill in accurate data be it about number of previous attempts, hobbies or achievements.
- Don’t indulge in scribbling, cutting or re- writing… after all self- awareness also gets checked!
- In choice of service under 12 b, candidates usually write Navy or Army while the correct answer is Indian Navy or Indian Army.
- Furnish your answers with examples.
- Try to reflect your responsible and officer like qualities through the answers by writing productive hobbies, and tricks learned and applied in co- curricular activities.
- Keep it precise.
You get the best training for PIQ form in the most searched and genuine institute- the Centurion Defence Academy, Lucknow during our 21 day SSB training. We also provide link to Download the PIQ form on India’s leading online portal, www.defenceguru.co.in .
Click Here for Download the PIQ form
What next? Next, my dear next is a recommendation letter. The letter is your visa to defence! Well then moral of the story is… PIQ is an easy pie but it can act as a game changer if you work smartly and bestow some pre- preparation.
How to write the proper solution of Group Planning Exercise (GPE)
Friday | June 4, 2021
What are the benefits of writing proper solution of Group Planning exercise Candidates you all must be aware that Group Planning Exercise (GPE is the second task of GTO battery. In this test you will be shown a Model which consist of certain problems. This test is basically commenced in five stages which are as […]
Success Story of NDA-145 Recommended Candidate from 11 SSB, Allahabad
Tuesday | February 16, 2021
Success Story of Vikrant Sahu Marking another feather in the victory cap and boasting yet another millennial of success Centurion Defence Academy this year has again outshone and come up as the prestigious institute barring and conquering all the odds, boasting its string of umpteen successful selections, a young lad from the Centurion group Vikrant […]
SSB Interview Rapid Fire Questions
Monday | February 15, 2021
Rapid Fire Qound: Question Set for SSB The rapid fire round goes under the personal interview in SSB, it’s a part of 5 days testing, and more readiness is needed for the personal interview or PI. Whatever you talk during PI checks and add it to your character, additionally talking with official’s attempts to find […]
NDA | CDS | SSB | AFCAT | MNS | AIRFORCE | NAVY | CAPF | TA | SAINIK SCHOOL | INET
Join our offline classes to achieve 100% satisfaction. Just call 9795977776